Finding writing ideas for kids isn’t hard and once you have an idea, making up a story can be really easy and fun too. Once you know how to do it you’ll be able to make up lots of stories. Here’s how:
Assemble the following items:
Old magazines and newspapers.
Glue (for sticking paper.)
HOW TO MAKE UP SCRAPBOOK STORIES
- Look through the newspapers and magazines and pick out a picture of a person or an animal.
- Stick the picture on a page of your scrapbook.
- Have a really good look at the picture once you have stuck it in and think about why you like it.
- Now you can start to make things up. First we are going to make up a character.
- Write down the name of the animal or person – this is now your own character. A character you write about in a story can be a human, animal, a tree, fish, and a creature from outer space – anything or anybody you want.
- Pretend your character has a problem and write down what you think that problem is. This is now your story – when something happens to a character or they have a problem it is called a story. Stories are all about solving problems.
- Write down what your character does to solve their problem.
- Write down if your character manages to solve the problem.
- Write down what you think happens then.
- When you have finished all that make sure you write this down in big bright letters:
Before you get started on this exercise in writing ideas for kids you might want to look at this example of a story I made up from looking at this picture.
I called this story ‘Eppy’s Road Trip.’ I didn’t finish it because I decided to leave it so you could make up your own ending.